Small Business Program Awards
Award for Outstanding Accomplishments by a Large Prime Contractor
This award is presented to a large prime contractor who has demonstrated meaningful and continuing support of NOAA’s socioeconomic procurement program. The nomination must identify the NOAA contract or project number underlying the nomination. Examples of this type of accomplishment include, but are not limited to:
- A viable subcontracting plan system in compliance with Public Law 95-507 and with Agency guidelines and requirements.
- Evidence (e.g., semiannual reports) showing that the prime contractor met or exceeded NOAA’s percentage goals for all categories of small businesses. Please show both the percentage and dollar amounts of subcontracts awarded to each category of small businesses.
- A close working relationship with the Contracting Officer and Small Business Office in furthering the prime contractor’s utilization of small businesses as subcontractors.
- Mentor-Protégé arrangements with small businesses.
- Participation Plan utilization in addition or in lieu of a subcontracting plan in which total contract dollars are utilized to substantiate subcontracting goals and increase the utilization of small businesses for subcontracting purposes.