Small Business Program Awards
Award for Outstanding Accomplishments by a NOAA Employee or Group
This award is presented to an individual or group of individuals demonstrating extraordinary efforts in furthering the Agency’s program with respect to NOAA’s Small Business Program. This need not be demonstrated in awards made to small businesses, but may be attributable to actions taken to broaden the program’s scope. This can be demonstrated by:
Tangible proof of actions taken which benefited the Small Business community as a whole. Some examples of material contributions are:
- Issuing policy guidance or directives that improved the overall Small Business Programs in a specific activity, program office, Region, or the Agency as a whole.
- Making sound programmatic or legal determinations that increased the utilization of small businesses.
- Making decisions that affected the program as a whole and opened new opportunities for small businesses.
- Sponsoring and attending small business workshops.
- Providing internal and external training sessions.
- Conducting extensive outreach sessions with small businesses.