NOAA Acquisition ManualMain Table of Contents
Subchapter C- Contracting Methods and Contract Types
Part 1330-13 Simplified Acquisition Procedures
Part 1330-13. Simplified Acquisition Procedures
(a)FedBid Reverse Auction Service tool is available for utilization of buying commercial item products and simple services.
(1) The use of the FedBid Reverse Auction Service tool for buying commercial item products and simple services is at the discretion of the contracting officer or field delegate.
(2) When a determination is made to not use FedBid, the necessity for and degree of documentation to be included in the contract file, if any, is at the discretion of the contracting officer or field delegate.
(3)Where there are any conflicts between this and any other policy, the policy within this subpart takes precedence.
(b) No contracting office shall accept a purchase request below the micro-purchase threshold unless the following exceptions are met:
- The program office prepares a written justification describing the efforts that were made to obtain the required product/service utilizing the purchase card, and
- A program official certifies that no source was identified that accepts the purchase card.
(e) Record all order information using C-Award. If the individuals conducting the purchases do not have access to C-Award, routinely document all purchases for the contracting officer and the COR. The method of documenting these purchases may be accomplished in a variety of ways including the following:
- The responsible individual documents all orders and related actions (e.g., receiving and payment information) and submits it to the contracting office and the COR on a monthly or quarterly basis, or within the time frames established by the contracting officer, and
- A provision in the BPA states that the contractor submits to the contracting officer and the COR a monthly summary of all the supplies and services delivered or performed by the contractor in orders issued under the BPA.
(a)(2) Justification approvals. See AGO Acquisition Review and Approval Matrix.