To be a leading organization in acquisition and financial assistance through cooperation, communication, and talented people.
Provide financial assistance and acquire supplies and services, compliant with public policy, on time, and at the best value.
In everything we do we will be guided by three principles – improved communication, improved cooperation, and an improved workforce.
It is the responsibility of our leaders and managers to provide our people an organization in which they are always able to perform with dignity and respect; with all of the tools and methods necessary to perform exceptionally well; and with the opportunity to regularly perform meaningful work.
Who We Are and What We Do:
The Acquisition and Grants Office (AGO) provides acquisition and financial assistance services throughout NOAA. The AGO Director is the NOAA Senior Bureau Procurement Official (SBPO). AGO has a blended workforce of civil servants and contracted staff within three Acquisition Divisions, a Grants Management Division, a Policy and Oversight Division, and a Staff Services Management Division. The people of AGO are located to provide responsive client service, primarily in Silver Spring, MD; Norfolk, VA; Kansas City, MO; Boulder, CO; and Seattle, WA.
Goals and Challenges:
- Fiduciary Duty
- Protect the public interest
- Balance Mission and Fiduciary Duty
- Seek efficiency and effectiveness while pursuing government initiatives
- Operate with transparency and integrity
- Move financial assistance and acquisition from a service to a core competency
- Expand financial assistance services from partial to full lifecycle service
- Build an industrial base through strategic sourcing and consolidation
- Expand acquisition beyond formation to more effective management
- Operate effectively at 1-2% of obligated dollars, below benchmark of 3-9%